Friday, September 23, 2016

Kitchen Day 19

Pork, the other White Meat!



Today was a wonderful day! So, so, so wonderful! We got to cook pork, one of the tastiest things out there! I love it! (I know it goes against my ancestors but oh well! They don't know what they were missing!)


Those pork chops look soooooo good!!!!


Keenan gets ready to tournee a potato for our practical test. It was IMPOSSIBLE!

 As usual Chef made it look beyond easy. I think he made a total of like 15 cuts and it was done. It took me like 30 cuts...

 Maske (left) and Krista (right) try their hands at this crazy task....

My potato tournee was fairly terrible. I ended up with an 85% so that wasn't too bad. I don't see myself adding this dish in any of my restaurants... Waste of time!

 Meghan watches our loins to ensure a proper grill, they were perfect, I wish I could go back and eat more!

Laurice prepares her vegetable dish.

This was a really nice day. Really fun, not too much pressure, one of the very few days we finished on time. It was maybe top 2 days in which to eat everything in the end so I was pretty happy about that. We made a few kinds of pork entrees and a few side dishes. Just another wonderful day in Kitchen 3!!!

Our main dish was a beer, oh yes BEER!, marinated Pork Tenderloin. Mr. Bubba made our incredible marinade with some ginger and other spices. It was so tasty, almost like an Asian Ginger dish. I guarantee that if we could have marinated that thing for like 8 hours, oh man, it would have easily been the best pork loin I would have ever eaten! It was still beyond tasty, but it definitely needed more marination time. 


 I can just remember the taste...




 The pork chops are perfectly glazed!



All in all I had a great time! Only a few more days until we are done?!?! Where did the time go?...



1 comment:

  1. Looks great! How much weight have you all gained since you started?
    Glad you are happy.

    ReplyDelete