Monday, September 12, 2016

Kitchen Day 13

I can't believe it's not... Oh no, it's WAY TOO MUCH BUTTER!

Our fearless leader Chef Kirk Bachman (Center) and the wonderful Rigo (Left) and superb Keenan (Right). They tried to take credit for the liver pate! Jerks!

First and foremost I want to admit that I, personally, messed up today. Butter is wonderful, useful, and by far necessary in the kitchen. However, there is a limit. One of the side dishes we made was mashed potatoes, haha, we really ended up making starchy butter! I was busy making sure everything was getting done and I had us use definitely more butter than potatoes! :-/ Oh well!

At this point I've decided it's impossible to know what really goes on in that head!

Today we made fried chicken. Not the lame-ass Kentucky mumbo jumbo, but real, handmade good stuff!





Chef even made his famous Liver Pate (the one Rigo and Keenan gave to Chef Kirk):


Hard to tell but yes, that is on fire! 



I was mistaken days ago in saying we were finished with the buffet, (as you can tell) we will be using it for a few more days. I'm pretty sure though that next block we will rarely see them! I'm both scared and excited to be plating every day!

On the left, that is our starch butter :-/ (it did taste good, but it was really like 75% butter... not quite mashed potatoes anymore unfortunately) 

Ashton made some very good grilled eggplant! 




Mitch perfecting his dish in his mind... At least that's what he said... 

Kelly is getting ready to grub! 

Rigo definitely has some of the most experience out of all of us! Look at that plating! 



I don't really have a ton to say about today. I am really glad that my team got everything done, we didn't forget anything :-P, but it wasn't anything crazy. I've breaded proteins a few times with my Blue Apron cooking so it wasn't anything really new. I really did enjoy all the food! The only really crazy thing was messing up the mashers. Besides that it was a good day, but nothing out of this world!





I did pan fry our chicken leg perfectly! Skillz!

No comments:

Post a Comment