Monday, September 12, 2016

Kitchen Day 14

Chipotle Bourbon Apricot Glazed Chicken...

LOOK AT IT!!!

Just let that sink in for a minute...

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Out of all the dishes we have created over the last few weeks this is the one I'm most proud of and enjoyed the most. IT WAS SOOOOOOO GOOD!!! Bubba made an incredible Chipotle Glaze, it was so good and I'm so pissed that I didn't think to bring a container to take leftovers home (we clean the fridge on Friday's). This was by far the best day we have had, as a class, my team, and definitely personally. 

 Mashke and Ashton are excited too! It was a GREAT day to cook!


 Seriously most of the credit has to go to Bubba for this glaze. Without it we would have just had grilled chicken, which no one really wants, real Chef talk...

Ha! I look so goofy!

Not only was it a wonderful glazed chicken day... I can't get over it! We got to learn how to make crazy, almost waffle-like, potatoes! I never really knew how they make waffle fries, but now I do!

Note: I will have to ask Chef tomorrow what the French name for these were. I definitely forgot!

These puppies were difficult to cut. With my lack of experience I don't know if it was our technique (we did manage to pull it off), or if the Mandoline was a bit off, but it took a while for us to get the correct cuts of potato. They do look super cool when we did get them! 

Bubba was one of the few who really pulled off cutting these correctly. It was really hard! Probably took us 10 minutes to dial it in. 


Potato glasses! 

It's SUPER important to immediately put cut potatoes in cold water, if you don't they turn an unappealing brownish color...

They look so awesome!!!

Tempura battered veggies were also on the menu. I will again say I didn't know how to do this, but it was cool thing to learn! Chef showed us his secret to making a quick and fantastic Tempura, I'm not going to give it away but there is already a hint in this post! Super easy, super cost effective, super awesome! Our team made tempura mushrooms, unfortunately I didn't get a photo of them; everyone loved them though! :-D


Keep whipping to make sure it doesn't get all lumpy! 

Alongside the incredible chicken legs we made wings! I love wings! On our team Keenan made a super tasty marinade, a bit spicy, definitely tangy, I only wish we made more!



I don't know how we got the short end of the stick, everyone else had like 25 wings...


Definitely the best buffet so far!!!


The last thing I did was clean the fryers. I don't know the last time they had been cleaned, certainly not the night before.... But look at them now!

You boil water evidently to clean a grease fryer... Hmmm...
Sparkly clean! Trust me they really are, especially compared to before.....

No comments:

Post a Comment