Friday, September 16, 2016

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming....

These last two weeks, have been rough...

I was 1.5 hours late to class today (Kitchen Day 19). Woke up at 06:47, I didn't even hear one of the five alarms that I have set (3 of those 5 might be too many but I'm not a doctor!). I got home last night at about 01:15 and was up until just past 02:00 preparing for class, writing my recipes and getting my clothes ready for the day. Honestly I almost didn't even go to class today, I even texted Chef that I would miss the day.

After 3 minutes of laying there upset, I made my decision. I got up, showered, shaved (I did a terrible job, it's been 3 years since I've shaved on a daily basis), and got in the car. I want to be here, I want to do this, I can't sit and cry when it's a bit tough; some day it will be incredibly worth it (also every day is tough and no one likes a cry baby). Today was pretty worth it in itself, we cooked a few pork dishes, pork is amazing, b.t.-dubbs! (lol that's a written version of B.T.W. or by the way... :-P)

So now I'm at the Boulder Library, trying to maintain consciousness and write so I can catch you up on my week, I know, I'm a few days behind! But I will ensure you, I have a ton to tell you about!!!!!


Remember, we are open! I have another post about this cool place, I know you want to hear about it!

We made liver this week... I'm not a fan at all but it looks great! My caramelized onions and apples were divine though! 

The incredible, and I mean incredible, Chef's from Oak/Acorn showed us how to make pasta on Thursday (Kitchen Day 18). It was mind-blowing. So, so, so good! 

Today's (KD 19) braised pork dish made by Braxton. Super tasty!

The mediocre news:

I want to share all of this with you, I just know I won't have enough time today to write it all down. I have easily 5 or 6 hours of writing to share all of this and right now I have two hours before I need to go to work. I am for sure going to sleep again in my car, almost an everyday thing now if I work, I am exhausted from yesterday.

The GREAT news!

I will ensure that I post all of this by the end of the weekend. I don't have to work at all tomorrow so I will have a day for you! So please enjoy what you can see, don't get too impatient about what is coming, and remember COMMENT so I know what is going well and what I need to work on! (Keep it appropriate if you do, this is a public blog.)

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All this food looks absolutely incredible!! I'm so proud of my brother :) Especially getting up and going to school even when you were exhausted, and things were tough. Such an amazing story yet this far!

    ReplyDelete