Sunday, September 18, 2016

Eureka! is Open!

We invite you!

Look at that open-hand service!
Please come on in! We would love for you to join us!

A few friends of mine have been asking why I haven't been writing anything about the restaurant. I can't use my phone when I'm at work so I haven't taken any pics since training. Last Tuesday I got the chance to go and have dinner and take a bunch of them!

Before we get to that part, as far as work goes I've been having a great time. I really have missed working in a restaurant. I know I told myself once I left P.F. Chang's years ago that I would never go back to this industry, but over the years I have definitely missed it more and more. They say once you work in a restaurant, you never leave! I looks to be true :-P

So, dinner:

 I came in around 4pm so it wasn't super busy, the design in here is pretty cool and I got a chance to enjoy it with some quiet. (This Friday night, Sept. 16th we went on an hour wait so it won't always be slow!)

My sever was the amazing Sidney. She has been to 22 countries! 22!!! She's been to more countries than I have states! She is a wonderful server, very friendly and attentive. If you can, order in Italian when you come in she LOVES Italy, and speaks Italian!

 It was a beautiful rainy day, my favorite weather.
Our menus, Eats (left), Drinks (middle), Beers (right). Nice and straightforward.

Penicillin:
I could definitely use one now!

I think the name of this drink is interesting. It absolutely is a cure for a rough day, but it isn't the most appealing name. Tastes awesome though! If you like bourbon this is a great call, it is for sure a new favorite. I'm really curious how this would be as a hot drink... Definitely recommend getting one, or two!

Look:
It looks like smoked honey. Definitely looks inviting and warm, yes I know there's an ice cube! The candied ginger (I incorrectly thought it was a pineapple) looks cool and adds a nice zing when dipped into the glass.

Smell:
You can smell the sweetness of the honey and the zest of the lemon, a touch of the smoke from the Buffalo Trace bourbon.

Taste:
Delicious! Sweet and tangy, bitterness of the lemon juice. The smoke from the bourbon enhances the honey. I could drink more than a few of these!



Osso Buco Riblets
I admit I ate a few of these before I took this photo so it doesn't look as perfect as it was!

This is our best selling appetizer, it's fairly easy to see why! Ribs are awesome, riblets are like the better version of chicken wings. It's really hard to not get these every day I work, it only takes like 3 minutes to devour the plate so for a quick meal it's one of the best.

Look:
They definitely look hotter than they are, but do have a bit of spice to them. I like the nice color of the parsley, and it is parsley NOT cilantro. (Cilantro would ruin this)

Smell:
Sweet and spicy. You can smell the zestiness of the orange in the glaze.

Taste:
So good, the meat falls right off the bone. The spice of the chili's goes so well with the orange. This one is FIRE!


Sour:

This is one of the top 3 sours I've ever had! We use an egg white in the drink to give it a nice airiness, it also makes it more of a full drink. Some sours that use just normal sour mix have too much bitter, fake taste, we make this drink 100% by hand and it definitely comes through in the flavor.

Look:
Light and airy, liquid gold. I love the cherries on top, nice color pop, mix them in once you get it!

Smell:
Zesty lemon, smoke from bourbon.

Taste:
Absolutely wonderful. The egg white adds a really nice mouthfeel, almost makes the drink thick and warming. Incredibly easy to drink, there is no harshness of the whiskey, just silky smooth goodness. You can easily have one after another.


Jalepeno Egg Burger
(I can't figure out how to get the correct "n" here...)
This thing is good.......

You can't go wrong with a fried egg and bacon, you just can't. Add in jalepenos and a chipotle sauce, you have a tasty, tasty burger my friend. In the future I would probably make this a bison patty and extra bacon but for the purpose of this "review" I didn't want to alter any of the items.

Look:
I don't really have to say much here, you can just see it for yourselves.....

Smell:
The bacon, and the spice from the jalepenos go hand in hand. This thing smells awesome!

Taste:
I really want to call this a Colorado Burger. In essence it really is, all our proteins are sourced from here and it's kind of a burger version of the Denver Omelet. A touch of spice, evened out with the creaminess from the fried egg. Bacon is always welcome on my plate! The pickled jalepenos have a sweet and spicy dance going on that works very well.

Overall:

This is a great place to eat! Every day we are bringing in more and more people and all of the above is why. The food is great, drinks are amazing, and the team is the BEST! We went on an hour wait this past weekend and it is only going to get busier and busier. Come on in soon!

So far I love working here. The food brings me back to the first job I ever had, working as a line cook at a golf course. Back then we made all kinds of crazy burgers for our meals, adding bacon, fried eggs, onion rings... Bringing about memories from food is one of the main reasons I came back to this field, it's a powerful thing and I love it!

I have had a few rough days, I was late on Friday :'( and learning all the food so fast was a bit taxing. But so far the ups outweigh the downs. The atmosphere here is great! All the managers are fun to work with, they try really hard to make this a fun work environment that we want to come in for. I definitely will be here happily for a while! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment