Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Kitchen Day 7

Potatoes!!!






So many of them, too many of them! We had nine different kinds to eat yesterday! That's like seven too many... After our buffet we were all ready to pass out, (Ha! I did) and it was definitely that much more difficult when I went into work to eat all that food.

Even today it is quite difficult to eat, we had pasta so I'm not going to need food for days...

The dumplings were super fun to make! They also came out very well cooked so I'm happy with that!

This was the first day where we really had a lot on our plates. Chef did help us out by making a few of the extra dishes not on our curriculum, but we still had to make 5 or 6 on our own. By far and away the most difficult part to the whole day was getting the russet potatoes to cook fully and correctly.

I botched ours. Tried to do them 3 different times and they still weren't done; I was definitely a bit disappointed with that project. 

Keenan was tasked with making Gnocchi. That is such a difficult dish for even some Master Chef's so it was a bit of a challenge for us.

Close-ups of my groups dishes:

 Pommes Duchesse
 A super tasty potato salad, concocted by Mitch
 Potatoes Jullienne
 Castle Potatoes
 Potato Dumplings (Klobe
And finally mashed potatoes

Definitely next time I will work on cooking the taters properly. Start with a huge pot of water sooner so that they are much easier to send through a ricer. Other than that not too much to say about the day, I definitely enjoyed being Team Manager, it was cool to be the one responsible for service. A bit stressful, but that's what makes me keep going, laziness is not good!

No comments:

Post a Comment