Thursday, August 25, 2016

Salad Eureka!

Today we got to try the wonderful, beautiful, and literally explosive salads at Eureka! 3 different tacos and the very rich Baked Potato Soup. I know I keep saying it, but I'm extremely excited to be here! I worked for a few years in the industry before this life change and had a good time, but first off I never was there for a brand new opening, and have never been a part of something so good.

 
The beet salad (above right) has Watermelon Pop Rocks in it, so it actually does explode in your mouth! 





Eureka! brings together all the things that made me come back into this way of life. Absolutely incredible food, wonderful atmosphere, and just lots of love. They LOVE what they do and there is no way anyone can't see it.

American food culture for me has been an interesting thing. Yes we have some great foods, BBQ was made here, but most of it has more than just roots from other countries. That in no way is a bad thing. Everyone in culinary arts will have some kind of foundation based on the wonderful teachings of Aguste Escoffier, his creation of mise en place is the bedrock for every successful Chef. But until now I personally have failed to really see somewhere that takes all of the amazing parts of American Culinary Arts and presents them in such a successful way. Eureka! really blows this concept away:





Eureka! Boulder has right around 40 craft, American, beers on tap. Of the 20 permanent taps we have, I think like 17 are from Colorado. That is so awesome! I love this state (I know I'm incredibly biased I was born in the mountains and definitely have a love affair for them), but it is by far one of the best emerging areas for wonderful food craft (yes, yes, Eureka! is from California, but You came here after all!).

Tomorrow we get to try the burgers... That's it, there aren't enough words to say how much I'm looking forward to that! Plus I have to do my class work and it's almost midnight... Is someone working on our Time Machine yet???

No comments:

Post a Comment