Sunday, August 28, 2016

Home cookin'

So of course, I enjoy cooking. So far most of this has been either cooking at school, or just eating :D

My main reason right now for so few posts about cooking is my lack of time spent at home. This weekend is my first real break from any kind of work/school and I have definitely spent most of it as my dog does, napping around doing nothing.

It has been wonderful, although very unproductive.

Yet I have still managed to make a tasty meal.

Breakfast Eggs and Sausage


  • 7 scrambled eggs
  • 7 breakfast sausage
  • 1 sprig rosemary
  • 5 basil leaves
  • 1/2 red bell pepper
  • 1/4 jalepeno
  • 2oz shredded cheddar cheese
  • salt & pepper to taste



Breakfast was a generous portion of (4 for me!) scrambled eggs and breakfast sausage. I used 3 of the basil leaves and the rosemary from my garden to sauté the red bell pepper. The breakfast sausages were coated in a Palisade Peach jam with a bit of brown sugar; next time though I would like to actually make more of a sauce with the jam and coat the sausages in that instead of cooking them in it. Then as both the sausages and peppers had been cooked for about 5 minutes I added the scrambled eggs to the peppers. Once the eggs were done I added the cheese and one more of the basil leaves (medium sliced right before adding) and folded the eggs until the cheese was melted. Finally after plating I used the jalepeno and the basil as garnish! It was a great way to start the day!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment