Sunday, August 28, 2016

Where's the Beef?!?

It's at Eureka!



Friday night, the weekend cometh, and all of us at Eureka! Boulder were in for an onslaught of food. 11 different burgers, all of which we had couldn't wait to taste. At my table of 4 that meant that we all had 2 3/4 burgers, I don't even know the last time I wanted to eat that much!


The bone marrow burger is absolutely amazing. It sounds a bit out there but you HAVE to try it!!! I promise you won't be disappointed!

The egg on the egg burger is perfectly cooked. I want to go back to work, just so I can eat!


But I think that in itself speaks volumes about the food. I doubt that anyone in our restaurant family would sit down anywhere else and order 3 whole burgers for themselves to eat. That is a ridiculous amount of food. But looking back now I miss it, that was by far one of the best burger eating experiences I've ever had.



The Bison burger (top) is freaking delicious! The pepper medley on the top gives an amazing balance of sweet and spicy as well as a great texture. Even the turkey burger (middle) is wonderful, the guacamole is fantastic in this wrap!


By far and away my favorite burger is the Fresno Fig Burger. It is made of course with figs, I love figs, and has a healthy topping of greens and perfect bacon. The bacon is perfectly cooked and is soooo good, so it's now called "perfect bacon". Just look at it! I want one right now!!!


I can't wait to try the chicken sandwich and the sliders. We didn't get the chance to try them on Friday but to be honest I know all of us were glad about it. I'm a bit beyond a healthy eater and even I didn't want to eat anything until later in the day on Saturday. 

Beyond just the burgers (as if I could just forget all about that wonderful experience), we had the first drink training. Unfortunately I don't have much to add for this part, we all got cozy for the training and then right as the drinks were being crafted, I had to go do my training in the kitchen... :'( 

I did sneak away for photos though!




Finally at the end of the night I did convince the authorities to let me try our signature drink, a smoke infused whiskey.


 Filling the smoke gun with wood chips (left). Smoking (right).

The finished drink (it's kind of hard to see I know, but convincing 30 people to move for a perfect shot was not something I wanted to try).

This is an amazing drink! I definitely suggest that if you want one you try and sit at the bar to watch the magic. I will say TRY though, we had about 40 people walk in on training Friday night, this is definitely a sign of how busy we will be because I would bet all my money that if we weren't all grouped on one side of the bar and instead were sat in a normal manner, we would have had 100 people walk in. I can't wait to get to our service date, all of this so far is just my own opinion and experience. I can't wait to see some of your faces as you try us for the first time, it's just days away!

Eureka! Boulder is open September 5th!






No comments:

Post a Comment