Saturday, December 3, 2016

Back In Action

Hello there, it's been a bit...

So it's been a while since we last talked. Sure, I've been busy, but I've also been trying to figure out just how this is all going to look. This last minute, the final decision, has changed things. Changed EVERYTHING. And because of that it's been a bit beyond difficult here.


Things have happened...


I ran into a herd of deer, destroyed my car!!!

In the months of my absence, many things have happened. Many good, more than a few bad. I definitely have let them get to me. I just now, like the last two days, have figure out the path to take. Before that however, we will get back on track and caught up here.

Culinary Arts:










In the time away, I finished my second block: Culinary Arts. It was mostly a block of bread-making, desserts and breakfast, it should be called Pastry Arts! :P Anyways, we did a ton of stuff there, I will dedicate a post to finishing that block and will try and find a way to interview the wonderful chefs we had for it.

We also got to create our own restaurant! (I will add some of it to the CA post.)

We cooked lunch for the directors!






We got to create a meal for some of the campus directors! Really fun, a bit stressful, but a good time! I was just really jealous of the food they got to eat! I was tasked with ensuring the salad course was spot on! Bubba made an incredible vinaigrette that we added a poached egg to. It was tasty! 


It was Halloween!







Then it was Thanksgiving!!!

I got to fly down to Arizona and see my grandparents and have this delicious meal with them! It was a very needed vacation and a great time. I only wish it was a longer trip!!!






Sitting here now, I'm definitely craving some more of that...

Regional Cuisines:









Currently we are about halfway through the current block, Regional Cuisines with Chef Carlos Ruiz. We are cooking food from a different part of the globe each day, honestly it is going by a bit too fast for me (I also hate to admit I've missed too many days in this block, I will not let this continue). This will be posted in a few ones, I'm going to try and do a bigger post once a week on what we did. 

Finally, the Future

This is going to be the most controversial post on the blog...

This decision, to completely change everything about my life, is by far the MOST DIFFICULT DECISION I've ever made. It has changed everything. I am by far working harder than I ever have, and it is still incredibly hard to stay positive every day. 

First, I honestly hate being home now. I have begun to build my life down in Boulder, I spend on average 70 hours a week there. I feel lost when I leave it, like I'm missing a part of who I am now and it hurts. Getting up to go to class is a chore every morning, but the moment I get down there I wake up and am alive.

 Moving on to the next, I've thought a lot about this, especially over the last few days. This is my new path, and I'm not going to stray from it. There are 3 things that I'm going to focus on, and make sure they are they best things I can possibly make them. School, work, and THE PROJECT. 

I'm going to ensure that I work as hard on school as I can, I absolutely have gotten a bit down and frustrated with school and haven't been giving it my all. That will not be the way. Work is a bit easier, once I'm there I am fully focused on it.

The Project.

This will eventually become the top priority, as soon as school is complete. This project is going to CHANGE EVERYTHING FOR FOOD, I will stand by that statement 100%. This will be the biggest, craziest, most intense project I have ever worked on and I can't wait. It does include this blog, and writing for Escoffier (Sarah I will not let you down again) so don't worry about another trip of MIA for me.

Going in hand with this though, I am going to make one last sacrifice. This is going to be my life, these three things. I cannot, and will not let anything else get in the way of them. This path is going to forge the path of my future and the future of many others. I know that it might be selfish, but I think that finally I have earned the right to do something that I want, need. I have neglected working on my life for too long and now it's time to fix that, to make something out of all of this crazy struggle. 

Let the games begin...

1 comment:

  1. Go for it, Ben. Noone else can do it for you. You are it!
    Stay committed and go full speed ahead. We are right there by your side.

    ReplyDelete