Thursday, December 15, 2016

Farm to Table (Day 84)

Mostly just bread:




I'm finally on the right track for making baguettes. On monday I made some for our Vietnamese sandwiches, they did not turn out (I found out yesterday that the flours were mislabeled, that I might have used cake flour instead of bread flour, that doesn't work...). Today I made some awesome looking ones! They still needed a bit more salt but I'm on the right track!

Farm to Table:

So I didn't take a lot of photos today, I was consumed by my bread and it's fairly difficult to take photos with dough hands. Maybe if I win the Powerball I will hire a photographer to just constantly take photos for me (fingers crossed). Anyways:

Keenan made a really, really good Beet Marinated Pork Tenderloin with a beet reduction sauce. Definitely one of the better dishes of the day!

Chef Marcus Lepke is back at it! With his hand almost healed he is back and ready to blow us all away with his skills. This is a much better way to present the Gravlox that he is known for.
Look at that plate! Simplistic and so very pretty! I forgot to come back and taste it with his horseradish sauce, I did get to sneak a bite of the lox though :-)

Jakob Schmidt helped us all learn on how to make beautiful presentations. He made an exquisite pork loin that was so tender with a nice zingy Asian fusion sauce. Chef Carlos Ruiz actually plated this dish for all of us to see. It was an awesome learning experience!!!

We only have 2 more days left in this block! I can't believe it, I remember being in foundations and being so intimidated by the class that was in Regionals at the time. It has flown by. Tomorrow is the written final for me, I will cook on Monday, so I will do my best to take a bunch of photos! This weekend and definitely next week while on vacation will be a "catch up" period where I will write a few more in depth posts about the last 2 months. Until then, good night!

As a side note:


I'm not saying I judge whomever bought this and forgot it at Eureka, but I am. Please, please look this up online! Literally one of the ingredients listed is "children's laughter at 999hz". It tasted like a sad version of Pom Wonderful juice. We all tried a bit, it was a hilarious time!

2 comments:

  1. Keep it up, looking good. The plating is too busy for me, too much going on. Bet you can top it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your written final went well! Enjoy your weekend and looking forward to your in-depth blogs.

    ReplyDelete