Monday, December 5, 2016

Short and Sweet

Quick update,

Puppy!!!

Winter is Coming!!!!!!
Right now it is the calm before the storm. And as calm I mean there is a hurricane outside! The news says that this storm will bring the coldest temperatures to Colorado in 2 years... Like once before, many moons ago, this is the time of year for the shortest days. If we get another huge dumping of snow, it will NEVER melt! I definitely love the winter, crave eventually living up in Steamboat Springs, but with my drive I am not looking forward for it this year. We shall see...

Anyways...

Okay, so I want to make a quick post before I get down to cooking and homework tonight. Work this weekend was really nice, good to be back from vacation! I definitely missed it. This past Wednesday was beyond normally busy, we were totally empty and then packed to the gills! It went so good though, that I have (I think at least...) gotten the approval to basically run the line on my own. That is such a morale boost! Just loving it!

On to cooking. Today in class we made Indian cuisine, definitely just grazed the surface, maybe even just looked at it from the boat. Indian cuisine is an entire world on it's own, no way we could dive into it all even in 10 months! 

It was a good day, but I think we aren't really executing the best way to grasp all this knowledge. To start our day we sit in class and go over the menu, the menu that we at least looked at the night before. Although this is good for giving us a heads up on the day, there is a better way. I think we should go over the menu the day before, even possibly assign dishes the day before. If I went home knowing what I would be creating the next day I would absolutely be able to be better at it. I'm going to talk with Chef and the class tomorrow and see how it goes, usually we just use the last hour for cleaning (most of the class just kind of dicks around :( and it takes forever!!!).


So tonight I will be cooking a rosemary pork tenderloin with golden beets and a side salad. Finished with Key Lime pie!!! I'm going to get prepping now so I will be back on later to make a bigger post about the day as a whole!

It might have been a tad unsafe but the sunrise on the Boulder mountains was so beautiful this morning!!! Not the best photo... :'(


Edit: the blog has also hit 4,000 views... Crazy! Even with my dumb absence last month, thank you!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Rosemary pork tenderloin with golden beets and a side salad, finished with Key Lime pie sounds yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep it coming, really enjoy the blogs and a window into your days.

    ReplyDelete