Thursday, December 8, 2016

Quick Update (prelude to day 78 & 79)

5000!!!!!

THIS IS SO CRAZY!!!
In the last few days the views on the blog have gone up by 1000+!

WHAT?!?!?!

I am really at a loss for words. This is so cool that a little idea to keep track of this for me has gone this far. Seriously. Thank you. I can't wait to show you were we will be going soon!!!

Yes, I did take this while driving. In my defense I was maybe doing 15mph. It's the first REAL snow of the season and I wanted to show you how pretty it is!

I hope that in a few years time, I can look back on this while sitting somewhere warm drinking a beer. Wondering how and really why in the world I chose to be here sitting in my car while it's slowly getting colder, (it was 11 degrees today when I started writing this and then needed a nap, I only slept for maybe 20 minutes until it got too cold! I need to get a sleeping bag to stay warm).

Not even 6 months ago I would have been talking to someone about why they should buy an LG television over a Sony or a Samsung. I would have slapped you silly if you told me the direction my life was about to go. I'm really glad to be back in a semi-happy place. Sure I'm still working out a few things, but I do have a better outlook on things.

Anyways, quick update before I have to go to bed.

Day 78: Philippines and Indonesia


So I've stopped brining my knife kit to class. We have had an unfortunate bout of missing items lately, someone nabbed my apron last week, so I've been a bit uneasy about brining my nice tools. I know that's a bit of a bummer but I can do almost everything I need with my trusty pocket knife (yes I sanitize it every morning! I bet it's cleaner than your silver wear!).

Chef Carlos Ruiz demos how to properly make a skewer, NOT a kabob!!! 


Rigo made a tasty beet stir fry. I absolutely love the colors here. The deep hues of red and almost purple are awesome! Bubba where is the nice camera?!?!? 

Keenan made a fancy presentation of his Pork Adobo. 

I will post a more in depth article this weekend on the days, I have to close the next 3 nights (I worked tonight too) so I won't be getting much sleep or free time to write. I should be doing my production sheet, don't tell Chef Carlos!!!


Kitchen Day 79: Korea

Mitch was trying to take a serious photo here but I waited until he couldn't anymore! Ha, I win Mitch!!!! 

Last night I turned on the wonderful Anthony Bourdain on Netflix. After letting it play a few episodes while I did homework it happened upon his trip to Korea. It was a cool coincidence because they talked about a dish called Bi Bim Bop, one that we made in class. Kind of a cool thing!

 Kurtis (foreground), Keenan (middle), and Mitch (background) plate the Bi Bim Bop

 


I will talk more about the dishes we made and the prep that went into the day as a whole. I have noticed that I have absolutely slacked on taking good photos, and even photos of all the dishes for the last few days. I will try and get some better ones starting tomorrow.

Anyways goodnight! Honestly thank you to everyone that spends time reading this, I would never have imagined that this could be so interesting to anyone besides me. 

Salut!

1 comment:

  1. Nice to share the photos with you. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete