Monday, October 3, 2016

Sleep. The Essential Evil

I admit it, I slept in...

A benefit of beating the sun, you get to watch it light up the sky... :-)

Just as I said I might, I decided to sleep these last few days. On Friday, after completing the few errands I had, I slept. It wasn't enough, but I chose that over writing. I also chose sleep this weekend. Friday and Saturday nights were much longer than I should have let them go, (3am bedtime... not the best decision).

All of these crazy new life changes are definitely mounting to amazing things to come, yet right now there is definitely a cost associated with it. I have gone from a fairly normal sleep schedule, to a considerably erratic one. Monday through Wednesday I do need to be better about going to bed at a reasonable hour.

Yet so far I have fallen into the habit of passing out from 3-5 and then staying up late. Then you get to Thursday night. I work until around 12pm, then go home and get maybe 4 hours maximum sleeping, and then another 20+ hour day. Friday night, I sleep for about 10 hours going into Saturday, but then half the day is lost before going back to work.

In two weeks it should hopefully change for the better. That is when I will start having Sundays off. I'm going to take the first one and maybe the one after, and I have been thinking of maybe doing it every other Sunday. I don't really want to lose out on that shift but this is just a bit too much for me at the moment. If I do eventually move closer to Boulder it would be a bit different, so far I lose 14 hours a week to driving and Time is something I don't have enough of.

Damn, looking at that number really makes it seem worse... Hmmm... Well anyways:

Break the fast...

This last week in school, for our second block: Culinary Arts, we made breakfast. It was delicious!!!!!!

I don't have enough time to make a full post on one of the days but I will share with you what is to come from it:



 One of our new teachers, Chef Mark, demonstrates his amazing fruit carving skills.


 INCREDIBLE Vegan muffins, they were really tasty!

Megan made a beautiful bird out of an apple... CRAZY cool!!! 



I PROMISE!!!!! That I will get back on track soon so you can read daily/almost daily updates on how everything is going. I have made some poor decisions lately on what is important and what I need to do and how to spend my time. I am making a pact right now with you and myself that I will be more mature as I go on. I want to do this, I want to share this incredible journey with you and lately I have neglected that. I'm sorry and it won't happen anymore.

I promise.

2 comments:

  1. Keep your promise and enjoy your upcoming birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your website is really cool and this is a great inspiring article. Thank you so much. Buy the Best Mattress

    ReplyDelete