Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Kitchen Day 26

Break the fast!
Breakfast in short. The most important meal they say...


Today (September 27th) we dove into breakfast foods. Eggs, bacon, French toast, pancakes, crepes... It was a tasty way to start the day!

The menu this week will take me back, all the way, many moons ago, to my very job in the industry. I was a line cook for the South Suburban Golf Course in Centennial, CO. Back then I also had to get up before the sun; those "seasoned" people who golf get up by choice extremely early! Anyways, it was a decent job, and I got some really good experience early on. I learned how to flip an egg in the pan there, definitely broke a few before I perfected it. Again, memories brought out by food is one of the main reasons I love this!



 Chef Mark shows us how to properly season a pan

Add a bit of fat (we used sesame oil) and heat the pan. Once it's at smoking point, remove and wipe out. Then add in more fat to cook your meal! (In this case crepes, mmmm....)

Crepes, they are French Pancakes...
 Chef Mark pours his batter into his crepe pan




I always heard that the first crepe is kind of a test crepe and that it always breaks. Chef Mark didn't break his. He definitely has a few secrets up his sleeves!!! Just like most of the time while I write, I really would like some crepes right about now... :-P

Breakfast!!!
Ugh it looks sooooo GOOOOOOD!!!!!! 

Occasionally I forget to take photos during production; it happens more than I would like but oh well. Today was one of those days. I took zero photos other than really just the Chef demos. So here is all the wonderful food that we made, you get to imagine what it was like cooking it...

 I made the whip cream :D
 I will admit, you can't really see it, but I forgot about the biscuits in the oven. They are a little bit crispier than we wanted. (They are in the Eggs Benedict, top middle)


Definitely a delicious day! I would love to go back and eat it all over again!!!!! Making breakfast is something I do enjoy, it's all so tasty and full of meats and heavy starches!!! It isn't something I see myself doing too much professionally however, waking up early is not my thing. I could maybe do a weekend brunch though, maybe open at 11am.....

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you: breakfast at 11am is just about perfect no matter what name you put to it.
    Everything looks very tasty.

    ReplyDelete