Thursday, January 19, 2017

So I totally fell asleep today....

I passed out today and didn't get anything done, aside from homework. I was for sure going to make a post about at least another day from last week and I just couldn't do it. Time, as always, is the enemy.

It's kind of annoying, I want to post about everything we learn in class, but class itself takes up most of my day. So when I get home, I'm usually (except a few days this week and last week) totally exhausted from getting up before the sun, cooking my mind out, and then having to drive home and reflect on the day.

If only we could master dark energy and force the solar system to give us an extra 8 hours a day. I really think 8 more hours would make everything we do, all of society, function a bit better once it adapted.

Food:

Here is a quick glance at what we accomplished today. Aside from almost setting Celeste on fire, (sorry miss!) it was a very good day. Incredible foods! I will expand upon it soon and let you know some more about the recipes and the prep, we could definitely have used at least an extra hour today, someone get on that dark matter!!!

 The first course was a Veal Soup (left), followed by a beef paupiette (right).


 The main course was a rack of lamb. Absolutely cooked to perfection, this dish was a highlight of the week! Look at that!!!

For dessert we had a cornbread-like cake with raspberry jam and an infused whipped cream.

I am so glad to be back in the kitchen! I can't wait to see where we go next (Spain) and what we create. I'm in the process of possibly going up to a mountain town for my externship, I need all the good energy for it, it would be a dream to do!

Good night and you will hear more about all of French cuisine soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment