Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Shall I Push the Button?...

If you get that reference, we will be friends...


Daikon radish baby!


13 months in and I've finally realized just how lost I've been...

What an interesting, winding, infuriating, strange road it has been.

About a year ago I started writing an article about what turned into my main driving force behind this new path:

It isn't me, it isn't you. It's US.

I forgot.

Caught up in the new excitement of finding a calling I twisted my life around me. Making it all about me. I'm now quite aware that my story isn't about me, it's about the people AROUND me. Food is about the memories, the moments we can create from a few raw ingredients.

Beet salad from the Grand Omakase course at Matsuhisa Denver

I think this might be a fairly common first chapter, it isn't the first time a chef has been accused of being self-centered and egotistic (yes, yes it might be a bit too early to refer to myself as Chef but that is the title of this blog after all!). However I am not going to continue this path and finally take the road I need to weather. 

Food is the star, people make the story.


The wonderful Jennifer Holbert holds the official radish baby (left). The incredible Chef Kyle prepares a Lobster New Style (right).

These photos represent what I LOVE about this career. This is what makes food more rewarding than any other path. 

We work to create memories, art that lasts but a moment, but a moment that can last a lifetime. 

This is what $150 worth of meat looks like. Gorgeous. 



Grapevine is but on the horizon and with this new drive and reignited passion I will see it through. This is a story of love, a story of how we come together in the most important and everlasting part of our culture. Food is how we share our stories, memories, laughter. And I will share your story with the world.

Eureka! Boulder still makes one of the best burgers around...


No comments:

Post a Comment