Thursday, February 2, 2017

So Behind!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UGH!!!

My buddy Seth doesn't even have to do anything to play with Sampson. If you just pretend to take away his toy he growls and gets all excited, kind of nice when all we want to do is chill.

I can't seem to maintain any kind of energy level to write! And there have been such good things to write about! We have finished France, moved completely through Spain, and are now just starting to cook with Italian cuisine. As we progress the level of difficulty and the amount of recipes have increased so much that when I get home, especially after the drive, I have barely enough energy to just do my homework and then go to bed.

I haven't had many shifts at work so I'm trying to get my neglected house chores finished and then I will get back to writing. This weekend is going to be a little crazy but I might just be able to do one, maybe two posts if were lucky. This page had garnered 20,000 views so I feel like I should be more active anyways...

Some foods:

 Calamari Salad. Mitch and Laurice did a great job, really well balanced. Mitch did NOT enjoy cleaning the squid...

Panna Cotta with Mango (Chef Dan pointed out that mango isn't really a fruit from Northern Italy). 

Chef Bob demos how to properly roll pasta, super time consuming but totally worth it. 


My take on Gazpacho (it's 90% water!). 

This Paella impressed Chef so much he took a photo and shared it with the company and said he would sell it. I tried to get him to say it was worth $20 but he wasn't convinced :( 

I've really started to get bread-baking down! The quality of the baguettes have come MILES since we first made them back in... September... (so long ago). 

I made Mussels Normandy with clams for dinner last week. Costco really has great quality meats and seafood, only 1 out of the whole bag was dead. 



This rack of lamb was so good it inspired Mahsa, Celeste and I to have a dinner party and cook it all again. I will write about that, it was so fun that we are considering maybe going into catering instead of the craziness of a standard restaurant. Sounds really fun!

Those are just a small, really small, glimpse into what has been going on in our kitchen since you last heard from me. I'm still having tons of fun in class and really can't believe we are nearing the end, maybe a 4 year school is the way to go (they are also 4 times the cost, $100k in some cases). Anyways I must be off to work on my recipes for tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog, Ben. It all looks really tasty and beautifully plated. Good going!

    ReplyDelete