Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Quick Update

Hello!

Well you did it! This random blog, A Mountain Chef, has managed to hit 20,000 page views in the last 6 months. I can't believe it. I never, EVER, thought that this would get to that amount in such a short period of time; I hoped I would maybe have 5,000 views by now!

Seriously...

THANK YOU!!!!!!

This would not have happened without you wonderful people coming here and reading all about my crazy life over the course of this new journey. I hope you continue to stay as it gets more and more incredible...

Speaking of incredible:

This is a beautiful take on an Italian Caprese Salad. Instead of using normal, red tomatoes, we had a colorful selection of heirloom tomatoes. Same great taste but way more appealing with the cascade of colors. Nice job Megan!

 Secret: (This was from the class in K2, they are in Culinary Arts with Chef Mark Kalix. A really nice display on dessert plating. Look at it!)

 (Left: Chef Bob shows us the best way to cut our super coffee infused tiramisu. Right: Osso Bucco that Mahsa and I made, if I have learned one thing in class it is how to make a mind blowing dark sauce!)

 Fully from scratch raviolis. We even made the ricotta cheese filling from milk!

Chef Dan inspired this wonderful plating of a calamari salad. Plating the squid around the edge of the platter keeps it from getting soggy. No one likes soggy squids!


Again, I know it isn't as much as I would like to write, but these are just a few of the things we have been up to. Right now we only have a week left of Classical Cuisines, I remember waaaay back in Foundations we looked at awe when the students brought us in these dishes and now we are almost finished creating them.

The last few months have really flown by and I am already sad it's almost over. I have so much to show you and literally hundreds of photos you haven't even seen! This is only the beginning. It's only been 6 months into this whole new path, the journey I'm setting up to take next will be the most incredible thing I have ever done, and this blog will show you what I can of it along the way. Where I'm going to take this project will change so many things and really showcase how incredible food is, how we need to love it and care for it, I can't wait to look back and read this moons from now.

Anyways, I am now rambling in the lateness of the hour, for now I'm off to bed. You will hear from me soon (trademark catchphrase at the moment, to my dismay), I will be uploading some full recipes so you can try your hand at these wonderful dishes!!

Good night!


1 comment:

  1. Good to know you are excited about what you do. The dishes and plating look wonderful. Keep it up, Ben.

    ReplyDelete